Sunday, February 27, 2011

PROGRESS

We have walls!  Carter and I hung drywall last Friday and Saturday, and our hard-working friends Carl and Ian came over on Sunday to finished hanging.  Carter had been working very hard on the MEPs, but it was the kind of progress that was more difficult to see--having walls makes a huge difference!  And, Carter got smart and hired drywall finishers to tape and mud the walls.  Two guys showed up yesterday morning and worked amazingly fast.  In about six hours, they had all 30 sheets we hung taped and mudded, and they did a nice job!  By Wednesday, they should have the whole job finished.  I don't think we'll ever do drywall work ourselves again.  It really feels like we're moving toward the home stretch now!

Kitchen - corner where lazy Susan will go

Kitchen ceiling - where old drywall meets new

Kitchen bar top, coat closet in background

Powder room


New upstairs landing configuration, linen closet


We also had cabinets delivered last week.  We are hoping to paint the kitchen on Wednesday-Friday and hang the cabinets over the weekend. 

Cabinets - protected for drywall (with the exception of the pantry to show off!)



We're VERY happy with the progress this last week and are looking forward to having a functional kitchen within a month.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Things are really coming along. What color will you be painting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,

    I just published a new post with the kitchen painted! We went with (Behr) Bavarian Cream - it looks just the way it sounds, but photographs a tad more yellow than it looks in person. I'm happy with it being substantially different than white to make the trim pop. I hope you're well! I've loved reading your food blog :o) I'll have to try some your creations when I'm able to cook again!

    ReplyDelete