Sunday, April 10, 2011

We Have A Kitchen!

For the first time in almost four months, Carter and I cooked a real meal in our home!  We broke in our new kitchen tonight with Shrimp Alfredo, one of our favorites.  Granite was installed two weeks ago, right before I went to Montreal for four days for a conference.  Since then, Carter plumbed the kitchen sink, put in outlets, and started putting pulls on the cabinet doors and drawers.  Together, Carter and I installed the light fixture over the island and finally finished moving the appliances into place this afternoon.  I found out just how hard granite countertops are when I was unpacking the light fixture and broke a shade on the counter--oops!  I ordered a replacement and it's all beautiful now!






Since the last post, Carter did all the wainscoting and crown molding in the living and dining rooms (see first picture for a peak).  Next weekend, we may start to paint those areas.  We also need to choose and install a kitchen backsplash--the choosing part has proven a lot more difficult than we expected.  We haven't found just what we're looking for yet, so the search will continue.  It's not the most time sensitive project, but will really make the kitchen look finished.  We're working through this one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment